Hear a panel discussion on how Black hair is portrayed in children’s and young adult literature. Panelists are:
- Rosalie Reyes, coordinator of teacher engagement and professional development at Teaching for Change, Washington, D.C.
- Candice Washington, CEO and founder, Brown Books and Paintbrushes
- Tamela Chambers; CPL children’s librarian
- Cymonique Jackson, CPL children’s librarian
- Tiffeni Fontno, head librarian, Educational Resource Center at Boston College
- Cierra Kaler Jones, social justice educator, writer, scholar and artist based in Washington, D.C.
How to Attend and Accessibility
This event takes place on Zoom. You’ll receive an email with a link to the secure Zoom meeting approximately 24 hours before the meeting. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Library Use Guidelines.
This event uses a third-party website and may be hosted by an organization CPL has partnered with. We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites before providing them with any personal data. For more information, please see our Website Privacy Statement.
Questions about attending online events? Check out our Events FAQs.
Need captioning for this event? Please call (312) 747-4015. Requests must be made at least 14 business days before the event